Open Gym allows access to our multisensory room, sensory gym and the adaptive gym during certain times of the day as a resourceful community environment for social interactions while using various therapeutic equipment. Our clients are encouraged to use the gym to reinforce skills with a partner or caregiver on their own time. Whether it be practicing motor skills learned in therapy or just needing a space for sensory regulation, open gym hours will allow you to explore your sensory and motor needs.
Our Indoor Sensory Gym and toddler areas are designed by pediatric, occupational and physical therapists and provides avenues for proprioceptive and vestibular input and include swings, ball pit, zip lines, monkey bars, rock walls, over-under tunnel, Jump and Play island, Mini trampoline, Castle structure, seclusion area, jump deck and more. The kids do obstacle courses, ball activities, scooter board games, and more - all while interacting with their peers!
Our Multisensory Room is designed to provide an immersive environment and includes specialized sensory equipment which can either stimulate the user's arousal level, provide a relaxing environment, or promote interaction. The room offers a space where children can engage the senses: touch sound, visual, spatial awareness, and motion. Our MSE room includes Bubble lamps, projector, fiberoptic spray, interactive cubes, bean bags, rocking chair, and interactive wall panels.
Our Adaptive Gym gives our clients the opportunity to work on strength and endurance to improve motor performance. Some of the equipment in the adaptive gym includes Bosu boards, Medicine balls, Free weights, and Theraband Rehab and Wellness Station. Our featured equipment includes a bodyweight support Lite Gait mobility frame for over-ground mobility and treadmill training. Kids can use rowing machines, ellipticals, and bikes that are built for their size.
Open Gym hours :
- Monday to Friday – 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Saturday – 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Single visit - $15 (60 min), Includes additional 15 min orientation
- 12 visits - $150, Includes 15 mins orientation at first visit
- Sibling discount – 50%
Rules of Open Gym
- Open Gym is via Reservation Only.
- A waiver must be completed prior to use of the space.
- New guests must attend a brief orientation before using any equipment.
- All clients must be supervised by an adult (parent, aid, ABA) at all times.
- Children and adults must wash their hands before using any equipment or supplies.
- Shoes are not permitted. Socks with grip are recommended in all areas, except when medically necessary for mobility and using fitness equipment.
- Therapists have the right of way when treating.
- Please keep your child at home if he/she is showing any signs of illness.
- Please use good parenting skills and be mindful of the communal gym space. If your child is having a bad day, or needs to take a break, please step outside until he/she is ready to participate.
- Food and beverages are not permitted.